About the course
This two-day course will consider the current literature and applications in the management of the sports-person with shoulder pain.
This will include:
- Dynamic stability of the shoulder complex: Applying the evidence to everyday practice
- Sports specificity: Myths and reality
- The kinetic chain: Performance, capacity, and load transfer
- The strength versus movement debate: Where are we now
- Setting the system up for success: Is it all over for manual therapy and coloured tape?!
- Motor learning and the sensorimotor system: Opportunities and future directions?
- RTP and injury prevention: Future-proofing athletes- is it possible?
- The psychology of injury and return to play: getting communication
About the Speaker
09.00 Key considerations: Movement matters
10.45 The Dynamic Stabilisers.
Research versus reality and assessment dilemmas
The case for improvement tests
01.30 The Kinetic Chain and Dynamic Slings.
Putting the shoulder in context: It’s all about ‘normal movement’
03.15 Setting the system up for success: Exercises that work.
Putting it all together
09.00 What did we do yesterday? A quick recap
09.30 The psychology of injury and return to play: Getting communication right.
11.15 Rotator Cuff Pathology: Tips and tricks
The strength versus movement debate!
Setting the system up for success: Is it all over for manual therapy and coloured tape?
01.45 Instability: Lessons we can learn
Motor learning and the sensorimotor system: Opportunities and future directions?
03.15 The often forgotten –other culprits/barriers to recovery
The role of the cervical spine & ACJ in shoulder pathology plus simple solutions!
Case studies: Real-life!
04.30 Return to Play and future-proofing the shoulder: Best Options?
Limited Seats ONLY
CME accreditation will be applied
- Click the link “Register”
- Make payment to account [see registration form]
- Complete the registration form, save and send it to [email protected] together with a copy of the payment receipt/reference
- Receive a confirmation email with the registration number
Registration Form – The Sporting Shoulder- Steps to Success– Jo Gibson
The following cancellation policy applies to all our events
10 weeks of the event date will produce an 80% refund
6 weeks of the event date will produce a 60% refund
4 weeks of the event date will produce a 25% refund
2 weeks of the event date will produce no refund
Focus Professional starts event preparation up to 1 year before the event. We recommend you to transfer your seat to any of your colleagues if you can’t attend the event after registration. Cancellations with short notice have serious implications and affect the feasibility of the event.
In Association with Bedaya Polyclinic
Click the link to Register.